Monday, April 9, 2012

Ava's Easter Table


Yesterday, I posted a sneak-peek of my youngest granddaughter’s Easter table.  She and I actually collaborated on it a little, but she did all of the tablescaping.  I just offered an opinion or two, since we were actually eating on this table for our Easter lunch.


Ava decided to go with dark green placemats and napkins that I had purchased previously from Crate and Barrel. The flower napkin rings are from Steinmart.


 White reticulated chargers from Maryland China were placed on top of the placemats. The yellow dinner plates were bought online from Replacements and are J C Penney “Pearl” plates.


On top of the yellow plates, Ava added Kaldun and Bogle egg cups that were ordered from One Kings Lane. This photo was taken, before we added the dyed Easter eggs to the cups. You can see the eggs added in the top photo of Ava with the table.


I showed Ava photos of all of my silver and she fell in love with my grandmother’s “Jasmine” silverplate and my Watson “Bridal Flower” sterling.  The “Bridal Flower” prevailed, but we did have to fill in a few serving pieces of the “Jasmine”.  I have been collecting “Bridal Flower” for a while, but since it was discontinued in 1910, it is difficult to amass a complete set.


The centerpiece consisted on pink tulips and greenery in a glass vase that was given to me by my Mother-in-law.

I love that young Ava was able to use pieces that were handed down by her great-grandmother and great-great grandmother.  Seeing her appreciate the pieces meant the world to me!


The bunnies that decorated the table were bought at Publix!  The colors were so pretty, though, that I could not resist them.


Ava has caught the tablescaping “bug”, I think.  When her mother, older sister and I were still posting on Tablescape Times Three, Ava did one place setting. This photo shows that original post. She has come a long way and she plans on guest blogging here, again, soon.

Thank you, Ava, for making Easter so special this year.  I am looking forward to seeing many more of your tables in the future.  I love you!

Nana









13 comments:

  1. Wow! Ava's tablescape is gorgeous! I love her choice of green placemats and dishes and the tulip egg cups. Everything is perfect for Easter and perfectly beautiful. Way to tablescape, Ava!!
    Visiting from The Tablescaper.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely table for Easter! The tulips look so graceful, and I like the way Ava layered the dishes, topping them with the pretty egg cups. Ava looks pretty, too, in her Easter dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Easter table! Love your color scheme and tulips too! Thanks for your sweet visit.
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooo cute! Ava did a wonderful job...love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ava did a fantastic job! So very pretty....

    Have a fabulous day!

    Aledia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ava is adorable and queen of the junior tablescapers! What a great job she did!
    Thanks so much for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my...how wonderfully special it is for you both to do this together! GREAT job Ava!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ava did a fabulous tablescape...her taste in flatware is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would say Ava better hope for a BIG china closet when she gets older, because it sure looks like she's got the bug! She did a fantastic job, paying attention to so many details!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ava sure did an excellent job. This is so cute and adorable, just as adorable as her....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eva is so pretty and she looks like granny and shares her interest obsession! Wow, your grands are so interesting, how exciting for you to have them, children are just wonderful! I love my little girls too, they're fun... and look at the beautiful table for Easter Ava made! You are also a wonderful grandma to share your lovely things with them, such memories they must be making with you.
    Thank you for sharing.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ava just had a chance to read all of these kind comments and she says, "Thank you and I plan to look at all of your blogs!".

    ReplyDelete