Monday, May 21, 2012

Kreativ Blogger Award

Many thanks are in order to Pam of Virginia Retro for bestowing upon me the Kreativ Blogger award. It is such an honor and I gratefully accept! Pam is an extremely creative blogger and owns a couple of hundred vintage tablecloths.  Visit her blog and you can see how she incorporates them into her tablescapes - you can visit her HERE.

With this award, there are two responsibilities.  First, I have to tell seven things about myself that bloggers might find interesting - so here goes:

1.  I love polishing silver - so much more rewarding, than cleaning bathrooms!!!

 2.  I have been lucky enough to travel extensively and have brought back many
      treasures from my trips.

 3.  I love everything Scottish, including plaid/tartan  fabrics.

 4.  I secretly would love to be a professional photographer - I am working on
      improving every day!

 5. I own at least a piece or two of sixty-six (I think, unless I forgot one) patterns of
    china, including twenty place setting of Lenox Solitaire and almost that many of
    Spode Christmas Tree! Space to keep them all is getting scarce!

 6. My husband, like Pam’s at Virginia Retro, is supportive!  He is such a keeper -
     I knew at age 14, he was the one for me!

 7. My daughter, oldest granddaughter and I used to have a blog named Tablescape
     Times Three.  It was so much fun, when we would all do posts using the same
     china patterns in different ways!

The second responsibility is that I have to nominate seven other bloggers for the award.  This is the hard one - limiting myself to just seven.  Here they are, but there are so many other creative bloggers in blogland!!

Marlis at Creative Journeys

Judy at JBiggs Little Pieces

Kim at Savvy Southern Style

Ellen at Scribbler Unfocused

Priscilla at Letter from the Northwest

Lisabeth at Infuse with Liz

Susan and Bentley at Ash Tree Cottage


Please visit these wonderful blogs - creativity unleashed!!!  Thanks, again, Pam at Virginia Retro for getting me involved in this pass-it-on reward project!!

Diane




 

8 comments:

  1. My goodness, I'm so flattered! Thanks for this honor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read your answers I found myself wondering if you were writing about yourself, or me! Aside from your great good luck having granddaughters, this all sounds so familiar. I love how blogging has brought kindred sprits together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I second what Priscilla said re blogging bringing us together. I will try to do a post like yours soon, but right now I have a whole lot going on, so it might be a little while before I get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the award. Wow, 66 patterns! That is something. I have service for 8 of Spode Christmas Tree inherited from my mom, service for 12 of Lenox Flirtation (my own) and one casual set for 6 and one for 4, and a hodge podge of $ Tree etc. that has found its way here the last year! I have NO storage and need to cut myself off! lol xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane, Thanks so much for accepting the award! I love your blog and your photos, and it's such fun to learn about each other. I think it's so great that you have pieces from 66 china sets (and counting!)! I'm gonna use that fact if my hubby ever starts to give me a hard time! ;-) Later, I'll go visit the blogs you passed the award to. Sneakin' in at work. Thanks, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! It was fun to learn a little more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I hopped over from Pam at Virginia Retro. I enjoyed learning about you. Always nice to find someone who has even more dishes than I do. lol! I am now a new follower.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your award! So well-deserved. I love your "fish plates". The painting is fabulous.
    Thank you for your visit and sweet comment at Ladybug Creek.
    Have a great week!
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete