Saturday, June 2, 2012

Where Do You Keep it All?

O.K. - The Tablescaper has given us a challenge where we have to bear our souls show our hiding places for all of our tableware.

Where to start?  I guess I will start with china.  I cannot quite show all of it, because some pieces are in  boxes in the basement, because of a recent redo.  However, I can show some of the rest.

Many china pieces are displayed in plain sight - in china cabinets and a special server/china cabinet that I had built into my kitchen two years ago.




Many of the pieces are hidden in cabinets.


I have a lot of cabinets - some in the kitchen and some in the laundry room.

All right, here is where it starts to be a little embarrassing! Many of my china pieces are stored in plastic or cardboard boxes under beds.

It is not always pretty!


Some pieces are stored in drawers around the house. This is a drawer in the bedroom that used to be my son's.

I had better move on or this will be the longest post, ever! My crystal, flatware and table linens are basically stored in all of those places, too.

There was a little space left in one of my desk cabinets! I am not above stashing anywhere I can find a spot - how about you?






I store crystal in conventional places, too.




Flatware, except for my sterling silver, is stored nicely in drawers.



Table linens are stored anywhere I can find a space - hanging in the laundry room and in every drawer I can find.  The bottom photo is of a drawer in the cabinet that holds the printer in my study!!

The same applies to napkin rings.  They are stored under beds and in drawers all over the house!


Well, that is about everything that I am willing to show, except for the table decorations, so I guess I will leave you with a few pictures of those.  Check out the insulation in the first picture - that is in a storage room behind one of my bedrooms.  Great place for stashing!  Cannot wait to see where you keep it all!!

Diane




Sharing at The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays














21 comments:

  1. Wow, Diane, you have lots of great stuff and it is stored very well. I am impressed. I store where I can and in some 'unconventional' places, but I am not crazy about the bathroom being used other than to hold bathroom supplies. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a good sport to share your obsession with us! It's always fun to see how much and where! Centerpieces are the hardest thing for me to store, and yours are very neatly stored. You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some great storage spaces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job storing all your stuff Diane. Seems like I am always thinking about more places to store things. I keep cleaning out and rearranging spaces to make room for more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I clearly need more china cabinets! All of your things look so pretty on display! It is a fun obsession though isn't it? 💜

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank You for sharing all your stashing spots! I am drooling over all those napkin rings ;) I'm always looking for more to add to my collection.

    Have a wonderful night!

    (hugs)
    Aledia @ Plum Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have everything stored so wonderfully. Neatly and organized. so envious.. And your things are sooo pretty.. happy weekend.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful collection. Do you have an inventory that lists where you've stored everything? You made good use of your hider holes. Thanks for trusting us with a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your beautiful things. You have an amazing collection of glassware. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your storage looks very similiar to mine. Thank goodness for lots of kitchen cabinets! I have no room under beds because when we moved here from NJ I brought all my daughter's childhood things and they take up 6 underbed boxes and at least 5 tubs in the garage (even her prom dresses came!). Can you tell this is the result of my parents not saving my things??? A therapist would have a field day with me!

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your glass ware and your cabinets. I wish I was organized as well as you are. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a lot of flat ware. I forgot to post a picture of mine. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This was such a great tour. Are you able to remember where everything is? I wish I could have a place for tablecloths like that. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So neat to see where you keep it all! Love the inspiration. Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL, I have under the bed closets too! Mostly for chargers that are too big for the shelves!
    We are def dish distressed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Diane, I love to see how bloggers store their stuff. Also I have my Kreativ Blogger Award up now. Thanks again.
    http://jbiggslittlepieces.blogspot.com/2012/06/kreativ-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Don't be embarrassed, darlin'! I think MOST of us probably have at least SOME underbed storage going on! I know I do...and I'm proud of it!!! ;-) It shows we are creative in our thinking and that we have marvelous engineering skills! :-) :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhh, I saw some wonderful dishes and beautiful crystal too! You have some great storage spots. I'm afraid if I put some under the bed, I'd never remember to use them. The linens have overtaken every spare spot in my house. I enjoyed seeing all of your storage spots. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey, Diane! I am now following your on GFC. Patsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I had a ball looking at all your dishes and crystal treasures and how you stored them. You are very organized! I used to have stuff under my bed until I got a great antique, deep buffet that helped a lot and so did my Mil's antique deep one too..so, no cartons under my bed!

      Delete
  19. I'm so late to this but I'm glad I didn't miss it. I love the way you display so much of yours instead of "store" it. I love to see dishes in china cabinets and whatnot. I also love your storage solutions for the stuff we don't necessarily like to keep in view. My flatware is really a hot mess of mumbo jumbo right now. I need better dividers. My linen is sort of taking to seed too. Oh dear...

    I love how organized you are!

    ReplyDelete