Thursday, January 31, 2013

Ava's Guest Blog


This February has been a special month for a special little girl.  My youngest granddaughter, Ava, turned 10 years old. Last summer, when I had stopped blogging for a while, Ava visited me and wanted to do a tablescape.  She has done guest blogs before - you can see one of them Here. I had never published this blog, so I thought that in honor of her birthday, I should do it now.


I, basically, stayed out of her way on that occasion.  I showed her my tablecloths and she selected this one by Elrene. After that selection was made, I pulled everything that I thought would work with the tablecloth. She chose these ruffled green place mats and brown Oneida plates.


She had a lot of fun looking at all of the glasses and picking out the ones that she wanted.  She chose green balloon goblets, Colony amber "Whitehall" sherbets, and Fostoria red "Westchester" clarets. I absolutely love the way she brought out all of the colors in the tablecloth!


Ava used a gold napkin and combined two napkin rings to create the effect that she wanted.  One napkin is a cluster of dark pink grapes and the other is an antique gold leaf. I would not have thought of that and I love that she taught me a couple of things!


Oneida "Cantata" stainless forks and dessert spoons were used, but Ava thought the wooden handled Laguiole steak knives added a little more interest and carried out the brown theme.


I think Ava did a stellar job in creating this beautiful table.  When my husband arrived home from work the evening that she created it, he was so impressed and thought that I had done the tablescape.  Maybe, I should let Ava do a guest blog more often - lol!

The most important thing about the table, though, is the little girl who planned it. I cannot believe that she is 10 years old - it seems like yesterday that she was born.  Happy Birthday, Ava - I love you!!

Nana (Diane)



Sharing at:















24 comments:

  1. Diane, I love this table. Ava is a natural!! Just beautiful. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to pretty Ava! To think my Victoria will be 9 in June..I can't fathom! Your grand is the best tablescaper blogger, ever! Better than any of us and used amazing creativity! My daughter Sofia never asks about my blog, or how's it's going..BUT Victoria, her daughter, always!!! Next time I will show her your Ava's, I bet she'll love it!! I do too. Congrats to the sweet girl for her exquisite taste! Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Ava and she is doing a very nice job in her tablescaping. Hope she keeps it up for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane, how wonderful that you are helping create another generation of tablescapers! Ava did a fabulous, creative job with her table -- love the napkin ring look and the colored glasses are beautiful together! My granddaughter turns ten this May -- such a fun age!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ava, I just love your table...it is beautiful..you really have a good eye for putting everything together.. Happy Birthday to you.
    Really enjoyed seeing your work on this lovely table..
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ava is stunning. Happy Birthday. Such a beautiful tablescape. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely young lady Ava is! And her tablescape is very pretty! I know what you mean about the years just flying by. Granddaughters are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. She learned from one of the best. Happy birthday to her! What a great memory for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what fun! The two of you created a memory for her to carry through the rest of her life. And what a beautiful table she created. With your encouragement, I think she's got a great future in design and/or decor. It doesn't hurt that she's such a pretty girl. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. A true tablescaper in the making! Glad she is having a big Birthday and your sharing this tablescape makes it special for her. She really color coordinated the glassware and china with the colors in the tablecloth! Very Pretty!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to Ava! She did a wonderful job on the table! She obviously learned alot from her Grandma to be able to come up with such a lovely table, but what I really love is that her Grandma learned a little something from her as well. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's got tablescaping in her genes!! And good genes at that. I love her sense of color and how she paid so much detail to everything, especially how great she married the two napkin rings.. It's just wonderful.. Great job!!! xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow what a beautiful job she has done, love the wonderful color mix...so sofisticated for someone her age...she could be the next martha stewart,lol...I am glad she likes it as well, it might be fun for her to do a tablescape one day and then write the description...fun fun fun

    ReplyDelete
  14. Diane, it so wonderful that your granddaughter is interested in setting a beautiful table...it is sort of a lost art among the younger people. She did a fabulous job...it's amazing what she did with the two napkin rings. Love the green balloon stems! Thank you for sharing Ava's table.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I am so impressed! Ava did a really good job. Happy birthday, Ava!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful tablescape! I believe Ava needs her own blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww what a creative job Ava did on her tablescape!! She is very impressive in her choices. Thanks for sharing your sweet granddaughter's lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lil gifted Missy... thumbs UP.

    Happy belated bday to you and hope you had a great day.

    Happy TS, Dianne,

    Greetings from D´Box of Stockholm,
    /CC girl

    ReplyDelete
  19. RIGHT ON, AVA!!! And Happy Birthday!!! They do grow up fast, don't they? You're a good grandma, Diane. This is how they learn...by just letting them do their thing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. She has got talent! What pretty things she picked. My oldest granddaughter did it once too, she was about 6 but I can see her putting together a table at 10- not quite this good though. Tell her it was so fun to see her wonderful creativity - another blogger is born!

    ReplyDelete



  21. So nice to get a comment from you....Ava has set a beautiful table.her choice of colours very impressive .Happy Birth day.Great to see young talented kid like Ava...:):)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think Ava did a wonderful tablescape. She's got a good eye!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Birthday Ava! Love all of the color!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  24. Diane - This is the sweetest post I have EVER seen! It is so precious that Ava wanted to do this with you, and that the two of you have this common interest. I am in love with the whole thing--the sharing between the two of you, the great job she did--everything. Happy birthday to that sweet little girl. (And by the way, our precious Miss Chickadee is also Ava. :) ) Lovin' it! ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete