Saturday, February 16, 2013

Newest Obsession - Chanticleer


Did you ever walk into a store and immediately know that it was a place for you and the merchandise started calling out your name the minute you opened the door?  This happened to me the first week-end in February, when my husband and I made a road trip to the town of Pine Mountain, Georgia.

.

Many of you might recognize the name of the town, since it is very close to Callaway  Gardens, which is a wonderful vacation destination.  They have everything you can imagine - golf, water activites, a circus, etc.  You can read all about it HERE .  When I was very young, I lived fairly close to Pine Mountain and Callaway Gardens, where I took my first swimming lessons.  However, Pine Mountain was called Chipley then and it is where I had to travel to visit the dentist - ouch! Now, it is a darling town with great shops and restaurants.


A nice side trip from Pine Mountain and Callaway Gardens is to Warm Springs, Georgia.  It is the home of Franklin Delano Roosevelt's "Little White House".  President Roosevelt chose Warm Springs, because of the physical therapy that he received there for his polio. The two photos above are from a visit that my oldest granddaughter and I made three years ago.

But I do digress!!  This blog is supposed to be about my latest obsession, which is the fabulous shop, Chanticleer, that I discovered on my recent trip to Pine Mountain!


This is the way that the shop looks on the outside - charming, indeed.  However, it is the inside that really captured my attention.  The owner, Barbara Hale, allowed me to take photos, so that I could share with you.
Here are some of them...


This was probably my favorite shelf - just look at all of the brown (my favorite color, of course!).  Even my husband was taken by the tortoise shell glass. Oh, I will return for some of those pieces!


Apparently, Barbara's shop is known for its rugs and pillows.  The pillows are fabulous!  Most are hand-hooked wool with so many different themes.  Something for everyone.


These are the ones that need to move into my Florida condo - lol!! Do you see the French Quimper on the shelf above?  Oh, such happy colors!


Do you need some Bunnies for Easter? Barbara can help you with that purchase, too. My big purchase was from this area of the store, but you will have to wait for my Easter blog to see it (just a little tease here, readers!).


Other impressive products that Barbara carries are her Murano glass pieces. You were able to see some of these in the first photo with the tortoise shell glass pieces. The one in the photo above was my very favorite!


Another special piece was this brown fish - loved this one, too, and he would fit nicely into the decor of the beach condo.  I can see that I need to make a trip here, again, very soon.


The store carries pottery


And candles - Colonial Candles, of course.


Barbara sells so many different things that it is hard to know where to look!  Every thing is displayed beautifully...


Look  at this display for Winter Spice Teas - wow!


The store carries Karen Adams designs.  Here are a couple of the paper weights.


Art is everywhere in the store...

But I saved the best, until last - that proud and fierce rooster who dominates the barnyard and for whom the shop is named:


You will find roosters all over the store.  I had fun looking for them in all of the nooks and crannies.

This will be the longest blog in history, if I do not stop here.  However, there is so much more to see that you must visit yourself - this shop will become your newest obsession, too!  Many thanks to Barbara Hale for allowing me to share her fabulous store with you.  It is truly one not to be missed!

Diane




Sharing at:

The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays

A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday

Cuisine Kathleen for Let's Dish

Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday

36 comments:

  1. Looks like a great store. Barbara Hale, she was the actress that played Perry Mason's (Raymond Burr) assistant on the tv show! I'd love to visit this quaint town. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omy goodness, such eye candy!!! I love everything, I think a store like that for me it's dangerous! I too love the turtoise glass pieces, gorgeous, and the pillows and rugs look great. Than I love all those adorable bunnies, lol..so lucky to be close to such fab store!! We had a nice evening in Valentine's, we had Chinese take out, as it rained all night! Hope you had a nice one too, sweet friend. Thanks for popping by again. Have a wonderful week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi lovely lady.
    Wow this shop is gorgeous love it all!! # one is the brown fish for me.Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my Tablescape, hoping you have a wonderful weekend with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun town to visit and what a great shop! It looks like it would take a while to check all the great items out. Thanks for the tour! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm your newest follower *_*.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a beautiful shop! Love the glass and pillows! Thanks for sharing with us!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Diane,

    This is a lovely gift shop! I didn't see anything in these pictures that I wouldn't like to have. :) Those are my favorite kind of gift shops; it reminds me of one in our town that I love to visit.

    Thank you for visiting my blog; I hope you get to go back to England soon. Have a wonderful day!

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a beautiful shop - the displays are so "eye catching"! Thanks for visiting Pandora's Box!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous store! I really enjoyed looking at all your photos, and I saw quite a bit there I would have loved to buy if I visited this store. The "cat nap inn" pillow was adorable and the bunnies were all so cute! Thanks for visiting my blog so I'd discover yours, and for your sweet comments and best wishes on the birth of our first granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete


  10. Thank you for dropping in.........It's my kind of shop.Fabulous collections.i can spend hours together on such shops...:):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chanticleer ~ I had to pop right over. Thanks for taking us along to visit this charming store. It is definitely full of treasures. Eager to see what Easter goodie you took home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh! What a wonderful place. I see so much I NEED! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a fun store, Diane. I could browse in there all day. Love the bunny pillows and the Quimpers...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can so understand why you fell in love with this store! So hard to choose.

    Lovely to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  15. Diane, I know what you mean about finding a store that just calls out to you! This one certainly carries a lot of pretties. I love Quimper and Murano glass- I never see them in retail stores. Thanks for stopping by for a visit. :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like such a great store! Really pretty things in there! ~Angela~

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really enjoyed the tour of that store! So many great things! I can't wait to see what you got :) I loved seeing, "The Little White House." I have never see or heard of that. Very cool. I'd visit that area of the country someday!!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a great place to shop with numerous temptations. I especially like the variety of pillows, but then I'm a pillow lover and am always drawn to them. I love these kind of shops, but don't go to often as I think I am finally coming to a place in life where I have most everything I need. If I buy these days, it's usually a bargain from a thrift store or flea. I can always justify spending a couple dollars :)
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are not going to believe this: Just last week I was thinking about this shop because over 10 years ago I was there and I bought some very nice silk flowers (zinnias) and somehow the shop came in my mind last week. I wondered if it was still there because it was a delightful shop and had lovely things. Thank you for the tour and now I know it is still there. Hope to get back there but it is a distance away from my home.

    I enjoyed your post. I hope the shop owner reads this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie - I wish that I had known about this shop ten years ago, although, I am pretty sure that my husband is glad that I did not - lol!! Barbara Hale knows about this post and has the link. I feel sure that she will see it. Thanks for the kind comments.

      Delete
  20. Wow, the shop looks wonderful! Thanks so much for the tour, I'm sure I could linger in there for qutie a while!!!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the theme of your blog. First time visitor. Cute shop. Thanks for sharing, liz

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, this is my kind of store! I would be returning here often! I have a store I like that reminds me of this but it's 65 miles away. I do make a visit there each time we head that way! I'll be looking for your Easter post!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It looks like a great shop! It's just full of goodies. Thanks so much for popping by!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh how fun and so much to see. I could get into some real trouble in there. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  25. I see trouble on the horizon.. so glad I'm not in the vicinity. It would be hard to decide which treasure to bring home. Can't wait to see your new Easter treat.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  26. We have such a store. It's difficult to not buy anything. Love the bunnies. Easter will be here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm exhausted just from studying all the pictures. No wonder you have a favorite new place. Thanks for taking us along. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ooh, those fish pillows are calling my name. Thanks for the tour of this wonderful shop.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, that does look like my kind of store! I even spotted my favorite kind of cheese straws for sale! Thanks for sharing it with us. I might have to make a side trip the next time I get to Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete
  30. That's a great shop Diane. Thanks for showing us!

    ReplyDelete
  31. That was a fun shopping trip, lots of looking but no buying!I saw many things that would have probably jumped in my car! Hope to get there someday, thanks
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  32. As soon as I saw "Warm Springs" I KNEW I had heard of it before! Yes...the President's physical therapy! I've heard it's just beautiful in that area! What surprises me is that you did not pitch a tent and lay claim to this fabulous store!!! Ms. Hale would just have to get used to my ever presence!!! :-) And for your hubby to even get into it a little bit...that's really something! I'm glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh yes, that store is calling my name, and I can hear it all the way to Arkansas. That was a wonderful virtual shopping trip, and it's a good thing it was virtual, because I do NOT need to be spending money on any more "stuff". laurie

    ReplyDelete