Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter Surprise!


Some of you may remember the adorable Bethany Lowe Jester Chick that I bought on a shopping trip to Pine Mountain, Georgia.  I wrote about him in my Easter post HERE.  I was so excited to be able to use him for my Easter table this year, but alas (!), that did not happen. Two extra people were added to the guest list and I realized that I did not have enough plates to use, even if I mixed up the sizes of the plates. Well, I did have enough, but one of the plates only worked, as the middle plate. I was so frustrated that I ordered more from Replacements, but I knew that the order would not arrive, until after Easter.  I love Replacements, but the turn-around of orders is definitely not as fast as some other merchants.



What to do? I found these cute bunny plates that I had bought a couple of years ago at Tuesday Morning.  They were having a sale on Bordallo Pinheiro and I bought several things that day.  I had never used them in a post, but I had only six of them (what was I thinking, when I purchased only six??) - not enough for the group that I was having for Easter.  I, also, had seven Bordallo cabbage plates and decided that I might be able to mix all of these in with my Minton "Marlow" china. I have ten dinner and salad plates of those.



These are the two different stacks of plates that I used.  I had plenty of my Maryland China white chargers.  I, also, had enough placemats to use the same ones at every setting, but I decided to mix those up, too.  On one type of  setting, I used a solid purple place mat and on the other one, I used a lavender gingham one.

This is how the overall table looked. 


I used two different Fostoria glasses. The green tumbler is Fostoria "Mesa" and the lavender stem is a Fostoria "Fascination" water goblet.



The sterling is Gorham "Strasbourg" and the napkins are an Etsy find.




The centerpiece is a purple glass bowl that I found at Ross with an added bird's nest inside.  On one side of the bowl is a bunny that I found at Tuesday Morning and on the other side is the bunny teapot that I purchased, when I bought the bunny plates.




So now, are you ready for the promised Easter surprise??? After I had completely re-done my table, two large boxes arrived from Replacements.  All of the china that I needed for my Easter chick table was there - early!! It was wonderful, but I just did not have the energy or will to completely re-do everything, again.  This year, we will celebrate with green and purple.  As for the Jester Chick - there is always next year!  Happy Easter (again!).

Diane





Sharing at:

The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays

Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful beautiful beautiful, Diane. Love the purple and green combo. Gorgeous plates. Happy Easter to you and your family. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a beautiful table! I love the touches of purple here and all the pretty bunnies all over it. The bunny dishes and the others are gorgeous too. Happy and blessed Easter.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bunny plates and teapot are adorable! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tablescape is so pretty, I love the pink and green. The ruffled edge of your chargers and the little bunny plates are both stunning. Everything is so beautifully done and your bunny centerpiece is perfect. Thanks so much for your visit and your gracious comment. I am sorry to hear about your granddaughter, but I do BELIEVE in Miracles, and I will keep her in prayer. God Bless and I hope you have a very Blessed Easter. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. too funny, Diane..this table is beautiful....just saw a comment about your granddaughter..now I am sidetracked and must go find out about that....really pretty table..
    Love, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your table is totally lovely Diane, I never have enough of anything and always mix and match, it keeps things interesting and exciting! Your table looks like you deliberately chose to set it that way. The colors are wonderful. Prayers,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything goes together beautiful!
    Love the bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! Love it....you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it fun when "limitations" turn out so well? Your purple and green mix is just gorgeous ... and you can still enjoy your Jester Chick another time. Happy Easter to you and yours, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww it all looks so pretty, Diane! I wouldn't change a thing either, even though your dishes arrived. It'll be something to look forward to next year. Happy Easter blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore that purple, it is the most beautiful...love that bowl in the center...I have those maryland chargers too and I love to finally get a chance to use them...Your table is just devine with all the Easter pretties...thanks so much for sharing your lovely setting,.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must say this table is precious and I am glad you are using it after all the work to put it together. Beautiful.
    Happy Easter!
    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you mixed it up.....its beautiful!!! Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything is fabulous. I have mixed and matched for over 20 years because I always found all of anything sort of boring-guess that's from growing up in a chaotic family! Your table is perfect. Thank you for sharing it with us-Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful, Diane. I like the mix of plates, placemats and everything, makes the table really interesting. I really love the plate chargers, I have not seen anything like them before. I hope your Easter Day is going well....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh isn't that the craziest! I think that your springtime table is perfection.

    Rejoicing in an empty tomb. May you and yours have a very Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your table is quite lovely. The colors are so perfect together.

    Wonderful to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh this table is just gorgeous. Love the use of purple, I would love to be sitting at your table and enjoying its beauty. You can bring out the big chick next year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my I love this combination. The purple is so pretty and I love that bowl. The rabbit is precious and so are those green plates with the rabbits. Your plate stack is perfect and I love the small checked placemats- they keep a fresh spring look going. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful table setting - and a very adorable bunny :)
    Autumn greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Diane, I love your sweet, feminine tablescape. That little bunny is to die for and that flowered china is stunning. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This table is beautiful also. Having additional guests was a great reason to play with some more dishes.

    ReplyDelete