Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Mimosas for Brunch!


Brunch is always my favorite meal to serve to friends. Eating and visiting mid-morning still leaves much of the day to do other things.  It seems that we all have so many commitments that it is nice to finish early and the added bonus is that you do not have to stop for lunch!

I love to serve mimosas at brunch, but since my favorite recipe for mimosas involves pineapple juice, as well as orange juice, I decided to use the two colors of the juices as starting points for this table. You will find the recipe for the mimosas at the end of the post.



I found the yellow and orange placemats at Old Time Pottery last year and thought they might work with my pineapple and orange color scheme.



Pier I had these napkin rings on sale recently and they were perfect for this table! Don't you love a bargain?



The Laurie Gates "Hailey" plates, mugs and pitcher were pieces that I have owned for a while.  You might remember them from the post I did on neon colors.  You can see that Here.



The green champagne flute is "Pebble" by Artland and the yellow sherbet is Fostoria "Moonstone".



I am sure that you all recognize the green flatware.  I think most of us in blogland have these pieces.  They came from World Market.  The orange and yellow flower votives were purchased at Steinmart, but I have seen them at Michael's, too.

Do you like to entertain for brunch or do you have another favorite meal?  I would love to hear about the special way you treat your friends!

Diane



Now, for the promised recipe for my favorite Mimosas! It originally came from Skinny Kitchen with Nancy Fox. I hope that you like them as much as I do!

Sunrise Pineapple-Orange Mimosas

2 cups fresh orange juice, chilled (confession - I do not always use fresh squeezed!)
1 cup pineapple juice, chilled
1 (750 ml) bottle of champagne or sparkling wine, chilled (obsession - I always use champagne!)

1. In a pitcher, stir together the orange and pineapple juices.
2. To make one cocktail, pour equal parts orange juice mixture and champagne into a champagne flute.   Garnish with one orange slice, if desired. I often make up a pitcher full and let guests serve themselves, as I did on this table - it makes a great centerpiece!
3. This recipe can be doubled, tripled, and so on. For children or non-drinkers, substitute 7-up or Sprite for the champagne.

Makes six servings - enjoy!


Sharing at:


Cuisine Kathleen for Let's Dish

Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday

The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays

21 comments:

  1. I love Mimosa's and will try this recipe with the pineapple juice...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm, I want some mimosa righgt now. And I love pineapple juice so that's even better. I love your table setting, Diane, so bright and cheerful...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! it reminds me of daffodils and spring...love your table, Diane...
    Love, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty and colorful brunch table, Diane! I wish I could come on over and we could toast together with your fabulous mimosas. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diane!

    I am loving your bright and cheerful table! The colors are lovely and so inviting especially to begin the day! Brunch is a great time to entertain and I enjoy the variety of foods that work well into that menu.

    I perused several of your other posts and had a great time visiting! Your St. Patrick's Day setting is beautiful as well.

    So nice stopping by!
    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I often start a party with a specialty drink. Adding the pineapple juice to the mimosa is a neat idea. Your citrus table is delightful...the perfect way to get everyone's day off to a great start! Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have one mimosa please, it looks delightful, colorful and delish...love all the colors in your special table, have to say I do love a touch of pineapple juice in mine...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this table...whenever I see orange and yellow together I think of my favorite ice cream...orange/pineapple! The Hailey pieces are so cheerful. The napkin rings are cool, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mimosas sound delish! I also like to serve brunch for friends - much easier than dinner and more colorful, too! Love your setting, especially the unique colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the idea of pineapple juice.. it sounds so yummy. Your colors are soo pretty. I love the yellow/orange in all your pieces. I love doing brunch/lunch.. and then the rest of the day is MINE!!! Happy Spring. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love brunch, and pineapple orange mimosas sound so very good! Perfect with your china too! Wonderful bright table, thanks!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! Love the colors and that compote is amazing.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, Diane! I almost NEVER use fresh squeezed, so you're cool! You've got me beat! :-) By the time oranges make their way into the middle of the country, they're not exactly "fresh" anyway, so I don't care! Now, I have never had a mimosa with both orange and pineapple juices, so I am going to have to try this...in the interest of science, of course! :-) I saw those placemats at OTP, but by the time I saw them there were only a couple left. Glad you were able to snatch some up! They're really pretty, and they work well all through the Spring and Summer months. My favorite meal to serve is dinner. I just like the idea of planning a cocktail hour for everyone to sort of unwind and chat a bit, followed by a nice dinner with candles and flowers and stuff, and then a leisurely dessert. Everybody just seems to be in such a hurry anymore, and if I can trap 'em for dinner, they are forced to slow down! :-) Have a great weekend, m'dear!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely! I love these citrus colors for a brunch! The Mimosas sound delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful table, Diane!! I LOVE the colors, the dishes, and the napkins...everything!! I am thinking of using orange for a birthday party I am decorating next month. These colors are certainly inspiration for that...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, I know what I am going to serve this weekend! Love the idea of pineapple orange instead of just orange juice for the Mimosas. Your table is so bright and cheerful. It just screams happiness!!!

    Big Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  17. Newest follower here! I found you though the blog hop, you have a wonderful blog. I look forward to reading more. You can find me at meandmr.com

    -Melanie @meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love fresh and squeezed..anyhow, there's no choise around here! Your table is gorgeous Dianne, the dishes are so pretty and I love how you mixed and mixed and matched the patterns. Great spring colors, I love orange! Thank you for your sweet and kind visit. Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete


  19. Hi
    Such an colourful table Dianne...Plates mugs and the jug looks so pretty with floral prints..thank you...Hugs....sujatha...:):)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cheerful table, I love the colors! It is a cure for the where is Spring blues!
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds yummy! I want to try this. I like serving breakfast for my friends before we go on a shopping excursion and I also like to make dinner for friends. Your pitcher and dishes are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete