Thursday, March 21, 2013

Which came First - the Chicken or the Egg?


Drum roll, please!  A few weeks ago, I posted a blog about my latest obsession, Chanticleer, in Pine Mountain, Georgia. You can read all about it HERE.  I did not show you what I bought that day, because I wanted to unveil it (sounds a bit grand, doesn't it!) on this blog.  Well, it is time to meet my Bethany Lowe Jester Chick!



He was the "one" thing that I could not leave behind, when I left that shop! He called out to me (I know you have had the same experience in a store!!). I just could not imagine my Easter table without him this year.  Fortunately, I had already purchased a pastel tablecloth from Boscov's, which I had plan to use and my Jester worked perfectly with it.



Since pastels would rule the day, I pulled out various pastel china - Fitz and Floyd "Carissa Paisley" blue dinner plates, JC Penney "Coventry" large pink salad plates, and JC Penney "Pearl" yellow salad plates.



I love all of the designs on the rims of the plates - they add so much texture to the place setting.



For even more texture, I added napkin rings that look like they are made from tiny Easter eggs and Watson "Bridal Flower" sterling silver.



Just look at the gorgeous flowers on this pattern! Bridal Flower was made by Watson around 1910.  It is one of my very favorites.



The glassware that I chose consisted of a tumbler in the "Hazel Dot" pattern in the capri color by Hazel-Atlas and an unknown pattern with a twisted stem.  This pattern is listed on Replacements, as Unknown Pattern #7091, although, I purchased them on eBay. I bought the stemware to use on a particular table that I was planning at the time (two years ago!), but I have never done the table and have never used the glasses.   Do you ever do that?  I still "plan" on doing the other table - maybe, it will get done this year????



On top of the plates, I placed a Mikasa ruffled dessert bowl and built a nest inside from brown basket filler.  Pink, yellow, and blue glitter eggs sit on top, until we actually dye real eggs for Easter.



For the centerpiece, of course, I used Mr. Jester Chick and surrounded him with two "egg" garlands that I bought on sale at TJ Maxx, I think, after Easter last year. I, also, added two pink votives.



At night, Mr. Chick watches over the candle very carefully - he is, after all, made from papier mache!! 

I think that this fantastic chick may be my new best friend. I just adore him and hope that my grandchildren do, too, since they have not met him, yet.  After all, Easter parties are really for the children, aren't they?

Diane

P.S.  We all want to wish you a very



Sharing at:

A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday

Cuisine Kathleen for Let's Dish

Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday

The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays








27 comments:

  1. Beautiful table for Easter! I love all the lovely pastel colors of the pretty rimmed plates of your layers. The cute chicken adds such a sweet and fresh Easter celebration. Enjoy your weekend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. The stack and textures are amazing.

    Great to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe I missed this gorg table scape with that wonderful chick, I love those goofy big chicks, I would not have left that store without that chick...your table is soo pretty the pink and yellow and aqua..I adore it and love the photos..sorry I missed it the first time around...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That chick look like a giant, but so cute! I love the mixed colors and patterns on your plates. That silver is wonderful too. Thanks for sharing, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. That chick looks like a guy I know!!!! And I think that guy is just super, so your chick gets two very enthusiastic thumbs up from me! What a little doll!!! He fits perfectly with the beautiful pastels gracing your table. I really like the picture of him peering over the candle. You are kidding about the stemware, right? How could you have not used that beautiful pattern again and again and again?!???!?! Get on it, girl! It's gorgeous! This is such a pretty table, and ping ponging right back to you is my wish for you and your family to have a fantastic Easter week! (Uh oh...I think I just heard some thunder snow! I'm scared!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the pastels and all the sweet Easter touches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet table. I love all the soft pastels!

    Big Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, I love, love the jester chick! I have a few Bethany Lowe pieces. I love her style. Your table is darling. Especially love the blue, pink, and yellow plates with the various edging. Now following you.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Easter to you..... your table is such a happy Easter table. I am sure the grandchildren will love it!
    Love, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Easter! Love the detail you put into this and the color scheme, so timeless and fresh....and also very spring like. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many cute details. That is exciting to find something special calling your name. Your chick was perfect for your table. I do buy things and not use them for a while. Life does get crazy but it is like a gift when you remember it and get them out to use.

    I know your grandchildren will love your table.

    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful Easter table. I just love it. The chick is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that big chick! Also like all the various color plates just like eggs colors. Happy Spring to you

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness your chick is too cute and certainly deserves to be the center of attention. I love your layers of dishes with all the pretty edges and oh, the sterling swoon!). The glassware is also gorgeous along with the pretty garland and napkin rings! Happy Easter to you and your family. xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous. I love your pastel place setting, so perfect for Easter. Beautiful tablescape. Thanks for joining TTT and I hope you have a very Blessed Easter. Hugs Marty

    ReplyDelete


  16. Sweet Table...very colorful....Happy Easter to you...:):)

    ReplyDelete
  17. A gorgoeus table. Pastel really like giving us alive, sign of Spring.

    Hope you have a great day.
    /CC girl

    ReplyDelete
  18. How pretty is this table. I love all the pastel colors. Have a Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a delightful table. I love your big yellow chick. The colors are so inviting and your Springtime touches are simply stunning.
    I love everything!
    Blessings and a Happy Easter!
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful beautiful beautiful. I love the chick!

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OOh I love him too! He would have been hard to leave behind. Your table is gorgeous. really wonderful dishes. The texture is wonderful. I love the napkin rings too. Have a beautiful day and a blessed Easter. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your table is an absolute delight, perfect for the season. I love the nest with the egg. To me that provides that little something extra and unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, my! I don't think I could have left this guy behind either. He is adorable and perfect for the star of this spring table. Your stack of pastel plates is the best. Love, love, love the details on the rims. I'm a fan of texture! The silver is exquisite, and your stems are perfect for this table. Your grands are going to be thrilled to dine at this table. Happy Easter! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  24. A very pretty table and I loveyour new chick!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Darling chick especially with Easter sign! The pastel plates are perfect for Easter. Have a Happy Easter! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, that was quite a chick at your table! Beautiful table.

    ReplyDelete
  27. So much to love on the table like the flatware, the plates you layered and your new chick. Beautiful table!

    ReplyDelete