Thursday, July 4, 2013

Crazy June and Bargains!




I finally am back at my computer blogging, after the insane month of June! After three June birthdays, Father's Day, a baby shower, a week's vacation, a day trip to Pine Mountain with my sister, and a visit from my oldest granddaughter, I had no time for posting a blog! Oh, I forgot to mention that I went to the hospital almost every day that I was in town to visit my friend, Marge. Also, I had to get a new driver's license and my car had to go to the car hospital for half a day and I waited at the dealership, while the work was being done!



Here are just a few random photos of some of the events.  It was a wonderful month of family celebrations, but I was exhausted by the time they were all over!!

Do you ever have months like that? I admire all of you who can continue posting, while doing all of the other things that need to be done.  It seems that every summer, I have to take a hiatus!

I would like to report that my friend, Marge, who has been in two different hospitals, since she fell ill in May, is doing so well that she is being moved to an acute rehab center this week.  They will try to get her strong enough to go home. Such good news!!

I did find the time to do a little shopping on vacation, so I thought that I would leave you with some bargains that I found...



Aqua wine glasses from Old Time Pottery - $ .99 each!



Red square dinner plates from Beall's Outlet - $1.99 each!




The green napkins in this photo from Kroger - $1.99 each!




Red and Aqua napkin rings from Old Time Pottery - $1.69 each!

I found several more items like more dishes and placemats, but I will show them in some later posts.  Have you found any bargains this summer?  I know my friend, Mona, at Hidden Art of Homemaking found the best bargains ever on some gorgeous stemware.  I hope she will feature those pieces in a blog soon!

I am so glad to be back - I have missed all of you!




















11 comments:

  1. Great deals. The cake looks delicious! I can't wait to see your new tablescapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to OTP in ages, I must go check it out! Love the aqua glasses!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some weeks/months are crazy leaving little time to do much other than go from one plance to another. Glad to see you had time to find some great bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been a crazy June for me too! Glad to see you blogging again. Love the wine glasses! I am so into that color right now.

    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been busy but not having much fun, enjoying down time while managing to do chores and keep fibro at bay, it is sometimes a win-lose situation. Love the bargains, and glad you're back. I've been on a break too, and still have not gotten the mojo back, just enjoying visits. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those bargains! I wish we had an OTP here.
    Yep, June is a very busy month!
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super deals! I love Old Time Pottery but don't get there very much since it's about 5 hours away! I have some green napkin rings like yours and they really add some bling to the table!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice, nice, such great bargains, I specially love the plates! Have a lovely week and thanks for coming and liking my shawl-runner..yes, I'm very excited with it, since my Mil died 4 1/2 years ago, that means I haven't looked at this shawl that much time, that's why I hadn't recognized it, lol..
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you got some great items at excellent prices! I can definitely relate to those busy months that are fun, yet exhausting. I have a few of those every year too. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally understand that sometimes difficult balance between life and blogging! As you know, I had a bit of a break with the move, but I must say I miss all of you out there! You had a full plate and I'm glad you realized that all those events took precedence over blogging. We will all be here for you when you return so no worries. Just enjoy life!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What lovely things and such great bargains! I love the stemware and the napkin rings. I am dropping by from Life On Willie Mae Lane...:) I'm your newest follower.

    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete