Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Happy Birthday to Us!


It is time to wish our country, "Happy Birthday", again - time to get out the red, white and blue!



Uncle Sam watches over the celebrations and gives us a peek at his The Spirit of America book.



Stars and stripes are here on placemats and plates.



"And the rockets' red glare" - well, firecracker candles, anyway!






Red and blue stemware from Horchow. White flatware from Walmart. Blue napkins from Kohl's and red napkin rings from Old Time Pottery.




As we celebrate this year, I hope we all remember the sacrifices that our forefathers made in creating this great country. Think about all of the freedoms and rights that our wonderful Constitution grants us. Some time during the celebrations, actually read the Bill of Rights and remember what is supposed to make this country different from all others. Our America - the land of freedom and opportunity!! May it always remain this way.

Diane


P. S. Hope your day is filled with flags and fireworks!!





Sharing at:




15 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your 4th of July tablescape. I have finally decided that I want stars and stripes dishes so of course I can't find any locally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun patriotic tablescape! Love those colored stems. They are perfect for patriotic tables.
    Happy 4th to you as well.........Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. I really like the place mats and the fire cracker candles. Happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful table in honor of the great USA! I specially love your star plates and everything else, lol! Have a wonderful Fourth weekend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane, I love your table...perfect star plates....
    happy 4th to you!!
    Love, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep a copy of our constitution on my iPad and iPhone, for quick reference...also the Declaration of Independence. I so agree with you about knowing what makes our amazing nation different from the rest. Your 4th of July tablescape is darling. Love the candles. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your patriotic table & rockets' red glare candles! Happy Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful patriotic tablescape! Your combination of red and blue with the pretty plates with the star is lovely! Have a terrific 4th!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Came over from Kathleens. I have tyhe same star plates and wish I had 4 more! Love the candles, so cute. Happy 4th! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a GRAND salute to our country! I adore your red & blue goblets together...what a pretty punch of color.
    That ruby stemmed sherbert dish, with the candles, is BEAUTIFUL...looks like an antique. Very pretty!

    I've decided I need an Uncle Sam! You are the second person to display such a cute character. Putting it on my list for post holiday shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Diane, I've missed you! Your table is so patriotic all decked out in red, white and blue. The star plates are wonderful paired with your placemats and pretty goblets. Uncle Sam is the star of your table, as he should be! Happy 4th to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful patriotic table, love the stemware and such cute star plates. Enjoy the Fourth.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the table, Diane, but even more I love your message at the end...it's so easy to get carried away with the fun, lighthearted stuff and forget the real meaning. I've been away for several weeks, and since I've been back this week I've been keeping an eye out for you. Glad I found you! I hope you have a happy Independence Day. ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your table is so beautiful, Diane. I love those star plates and the centerpiece. I love how you combined the red and blue stemware. happy 4th of July!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  15. How pretty your star spangled tablescape is! Love those cute firecracker candles.

    ReplyDelete