Monday, September 30, 2013

Pumpkin Picking Time!


Have you ever picked a pumpkin off of a vine or is your idea of "picking pumpkins" selecting one or more at the supermarket? Well, this year I picked my pumpkins at Pier I - lol!!



I have been wanting some cute pumpkin soup bowls for the longest time and I found some reasonably priced ones this year.



Pier I, also, had a matching pumpkin tureen with a lovely green ceramic ladle, so you know how this story ends - yep, I had to buy it, too!

I decided that I needed to have my "breakfast bunch" friends (we meet once a week) over for a meal, so I thought a pumpkin table would be great for Fall.



The wonderful placemats, under the dishes came from Walmart!  I love the colors on them. The pumpkin orange and dark red leaves are perfect for this season.



Brown plates from Oneida and green-rimmed plates from Old Time Pottery went under the lidded soup bowls. You may have noticed the place card for my friend, Tricia, on the bowl in the previous photo.  I punched holes in Crane calling cards and slipped a sliver of aspen wood through each hole.  The pieces of wood were purchased in a pack and I moistened each one, so that it would be easier to tie around the pumpkin stem.  Each person had a personalized card:






I used green Ralph Lauren napkins and napkin rings from Steinmart.  I was thrilled that the napkin rings had the little touch of red in them, as did the placemats.



I decided to use Gorham "Strasbourg" flatware, since it goes with everything. While creating this post,  I realized that most of my other silver has designs meant more for spring or summer.  I guess I need to work on that!





As usual, I had fun selecting the glassware.  It is amazing how many times I use the green Fostoria "Mesa" glasses.  They are some of the ones that I chose, when I married, and they still work with so many tables!  The wine glass is "Delilah" by Schott Zwiesel.



Of course, the tureen is the main part of the centerpiece, but I added scattered Fall leaves and small ceramic pumpkins and gourds.



I am sure that my friends may be shocked, if they see this table. I have not invited them to lunch, yet - I wanted it to be a surprise. You won't tell them, will you???

Hope you are planning some fun Fall events - don't you just love this weather and the turning leaves??

Diane



 Sharing at:

Cuisine Kathleen for Let's Dish

Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday

The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays





 






24 comments:

  1. Diane,
    I love your table...the pumpkins are great! Those napkin rings are too! I like the whole thing..Fall colors and cooler temps..happy, happy, happy...
    I'm always excited when I see a new tablescape from you...Beautiful silver...reminds me I need to start polishing..lol
    Love, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, I'll be right over! I was delighted to see MY name on a placecard! You DID mean ME, didn't you? :-) Those little pumpkin bowls are darling -- I can see why you couldn't resist them. And of course you needed their mama -- the tureen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaah, this table is so pretty Diane! I'm thinking Thanksgiving already! Those pumpkin bowls are divine! Love it all as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful table setting, perfect for the season. I just happened to notice my name was on a place card....what time would you like me over! ha Love this post. Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane - it was meant exactly for you. You are welcome to my table always!

      Delete
  5. Hmmm, I looked and I looked but I did not see a pumpkin bowl place card with my name on it! haha Wish I could come to this luncheon, love the table and the colors. Beautiful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Fall Table! Your new pumpkin individual tureen and large pumpkin tureen are a wonderful acquisition for the autumn. I love the pretty fall leaves on the place mats. Your table will be a wonderful surprise for your friends for a luncheon. Have a great week!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane -this is so great! I love your tags on the pumpkins you picked at Pier One-might need to go visit their pumpkin patch LOL! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm wishing I could come to the luncheon, too! What a beautiful table you've set, Diane. The new pumpkins are gorgeous and look so pretty on your Wal Mart placemats. The leaves scattered down the table are the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pumpkin picking, Diane! I need to visit Pier One!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your friends will definitely love this table, Diane. I do! It is so pretty. The colors are all so warm and welcoming and it is just so perfect for the season. I love your tureen and individual lidded soup bowls. I have white soup bowls but I still have to find a tureen....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, love this table Diane....you set it better then Pier 1, because I saw those pumpkin bowls and they didn't look as good :-)

    XO,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful fall table, Diane. If I wasn't out of space for more hard to store bowls I would snap those pumpkin bowls up, too! I love the texture of them. Lovely flatware.
    Have a wonderful week...

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely table. I can't believe you have all of those cute pumpkin bowls. I would never have the space to store them. I think we will be in town this year for Thanksgiving so I had better start thinking about my table setting so I can be on the look out for cute pieces.

    Enjoy your lunch with your friends - I didn't tell anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how fun those pupkin bowls are. The table is stunning and I would love to have lunch there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did a beautiful job picking pumpkins, gorgeous tureens Diane! I love your wonderful placemats too, your friends are in for a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this table! Those pumpkin bowls are wonderful, and I really like the napkin rings.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm loving your pumpkin patch, I don't believe I've ever seen one so pretty! Beautiful Table!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Diane - Love your pumpkins (and Pier 1.. too!) Hugs, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  19. A very pretty table -- and love the pumpkin soup bowls. And the placecards

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your adorable pumpkins make me very sad that I don't have enough storage in my house for my stash. I wish that I could buy more specialty items like these. Beautiful table -- but I didn't see my name either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Diane, Those pumpkin tureens are so pretty. If I could think of a place to store them, I'd be running to Pier 1 right now to see about getting some. They sure make a pretty table, and the place mats and napkin rings look great with them. Clever way to tie on the place cards. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh sweet Dianne, your table is gorgeous and so Fallish with the adorable pumpkin tureens...if I had Pier I here I'd be flying to get them! Your flatware is beautiful and so are the npkin rings and placemats...ok, I love it all! Thanks for your sweet and kind comment. Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think you have done a marvelous job of picking pumpkins this year. Your tablescape is simply lovely. The Walmart placemats are just so cute. I think I will have to go to Steinmart to check out the napkin rings this week,

    ReplyDelete