Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pumpkins for Breakfast??


Breakfast is my very favorite meal of the day and I am always trying to find new recipes to cook for it.  However, when I was planning this table, I turned to one of my special "old" recipes - Sausage and Egg Pie.



Of course, for my last post in October, I had to use pumpkins somehow on the table.  I grabbed these cute Chantal pumpkin bakers and thought they would be perfect to use for the pies.  I am not sure where I purchased these, but I think it was Marshall's last year.



The rust, green and blue placemats are from Old Time Pottery (I promise that I am not working for them!) and the plaid napkins came from Kohl's.



These cute mum napkin rings are from Pier I, but were given to me by a sweet friend - thank you, Anne!!



This is how the table looked, before the cooking started!




This is how the place setting looked, after the pies were baked and orange colored cantaloupe was served in Mikasa fruit bowls.

O.K., here is the link to the recipe for the pies. I feature it on a post, when I was blogging for Tablescape Times Three.  You can find it HERE. I hope that you love them, as much as I do!




One more thing - the great rust colored dinner plates on the table are from Dillard's. They are part of the "Toscano" pattern by Noble Excellence in the butterscotch color.  Let me say that I have always loved this china pattern and have been looking at it in all of the different colors, since Dillard's first began carrying it.  This color is a mystery!!!  I had never seen it previously and when I bought it, my store had only six dinner plates and a few bowls and mugs.  I bought all of the plates and rushed home to buy more online and there were none listed on the website. I cannot find a reference to this color anywhere - not even on Replacements!!  What????? I guess that I will have to visit (or call!) every Dillard's store looking for at least two more plates.    Has this ever happened to you? So frustrating!


 Diane






Sharing at:

Cuisine Kathleen for Let's Dish

Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday

The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays





20 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Diane. You could share your skills with a big company, they'd love you. Your daughter has learned your love for china. I'd like to eat at your table. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane,
    I love your table..hope you find more of those rust colored plates....very pretty..and the napkin rings are great..What a thoughtful gift for you...It all says Happy Fall!
    Love, Mona




    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Diane! Especially your centerpiece, your pumpkin-shpaed ramekins are perfect for a fall brunch as well!!!!So your week is off to a great start then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the nicest things to set tables with, Diane. I absolutely love the color combination for this one, and your menu sounds very yummy. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table is wonderful - and the pumpkin dishes are my favorites. I'm really getting to like specially shaped dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful table and love the pumpkin dishes too. It's always fun to have special pieces to add to your tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those pumpkin casseroles, Diane! The whole table looks so warm and inviting. Now I'm off to look at the recipe.....
    Happy Halloween! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great way to have breakfast. I love the pumpkin casseroles with food and without. The plates from Dillard's are a lovely color and I have had the same happen and have drive all over DFW looking for a piece. Have a Happy Halloween!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum--I checked out the recipe and it sounds delicious! I hope you find your plates! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to be invited to this breakfast. The food looks delicious and the setting is charming. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How PRETTY, Diane!!! That centerpiece is positively glorious & I love the idea of individual sausage egg pies. Thanks so much for the link...that too, is a BEAUTIFUL tablescape & I'm going to copy down the recipe. DH would LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Diane, I would love to sit down to breakfast at your lovely table. I really do like the warm colors of fall...they are like jewels. Those pumpkin bakers are adorable.
    Have a wonderful week...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the autumnal colors of this table! Beautiful table setting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely and cheerful table, Diane. Eating breakfast at this table will give me energy all day long. I love the bakers and napkin rings.....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  15. What great pumpkin bakers, Diane, and your sausage and egg pie looks delicious. I'll click over to get that recipe. Loving those plaid napkins. How frustrating about those plates, and that is such a pretty color - especially in the Fall. I'm admiring those glasses in the holders. So good looking. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have put together such a lovely table. The colors and patterns go soooo well together and make the scene warm and inviting. I checked out your recipe and am wondering why I can't find the points value for it in my Weight Watchers book! (LOL) It looks beyond yummy, and I will try it as soon as I have my next weigh-in! Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice to see a table set for breakfast and how "fitting" are those pumpkin shaped plate/pans! Looks yummy!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi lovely lady.
    Your Tablescape for breakfast is beautiful I also love doing a table for the guys before going hunting like four in the morning. thanks so much for your sweet comments on my fall tablescape. Hoping you and your family have a wonderful week.
    xxoo
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful fall tablescape. The napkins and the Dillard's plates all go so well with your pumpkin bakers. I would like to try your recipe for next Sunday. I just visited the post with the recipe and fell in love with the white poinsettia plates. So cute.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cute idea baking breakfast quiche in your pumpkin dishes! Great table Diane, I love the colors, napkin rings and the whole mood you have created!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete