Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Let the Games Begin!!


Time to get serious, about Christmas!! I thought I would do a small table this week and expand to my special Christmas table later in the month.



"Bountiful Holiday" by Fitz and Floyd seemed like the perfect pattern to use.  The name sounds like a combination of Thanksgiving and Christmas. I always think of Thanksgiving, as a "bountiful" holiday, but Santa seems to have another day on his mind!



I started with the Fitz and Floyd canape plates, which are huge.  They are almost as large, as the red Biltmore "Louisa" dinner plates. 



 The plates have a significant amount of light green on them, so I used green placemats and napkins.




Vintage silverplate pieces, which belonged to my grandmother, are shown here with the napkin.




I finally succumbed to the green Dollar Tree glasses, like most other tablescapers already own.  I bought the blue ones some time ago, but I really did not think I needed the green ones.  Of course, I figured out that I absolutely had to have them - lol!! I think they are a perfect accompaniment to the Fostoria cut glass "Holly" water goblets.



Of course, I had to use the "Bountiful Holiday" musical Santa, as the main attraction in the centerpiece. I love the details on this piece:





So perfect for this time of the year!






The pretty fall leaves on the Santa looked like what I was viewing from my breakfast room window, while shooting this post!



Yes, I think that I am ready to begin the Christmas season - are you? Let the games begin...


Diane



11 comments:

  1. Hi Lady D!

    Just come to great you a blessed Thanksgiving Day for tomorrow.
    YeeeeY! When working in the financial sector, I know it will be so quiet when The US is on holiday.
    I will be on holiday too? Or have a day off.

    Always great to visit over at your place.

    Hus,
    /CC girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty and fun tablesetting! Love the dishes. Around this time of year I start to get my Christmas mojo going, so exciting, love every minute of it! Hoping you have a wonderful Thanksgiving my friend! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Diane. I would love to sit down at one of your tables, any time! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your plates are gorgeous!!!!! I would definitely display these (after I eat on them 1st)! The Santa centerpiece is lovely too Diane - simple and sooo pretty! I can't wait to see Special Christmas table you'll come up with later on, this is a pretty grand intro to that already!!!! Have a wonderful thanksgiving dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Christmas table. I have decided this Christmas I will use my different Christmas dishes all through the month instead of relegating them to the cabinet.

    I need to go looking for the green glasses from the Dollar Store.

    Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, you had to have those glasses, so did I! :)
    Love those plates, so cheery! Yes, I am ready to move on, the spirit is willing but do I have the stamina for all the boxes? :)
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What pretty Fitzpatrick's and Floyd pieces you have, Diane! Those Fostoria cut glass goblets are so pretty with the $ Tree goblets.
    I haven't begun to decorate for Christmas, but will start soon, although not as much as I normally do.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you, sweet friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diane,
    Greetings on this Thanksgiving morning. . .just put the turkey in to roast!!!
    Thank you for your sweet visit and kind comment today, dear one!!!
    We are a group of 25 Sisters in JOY,
    but it is I who am blessed by this Christian Support Group!!!
    I adore your tablescape!!!
    Christmas has such precious meaning to me. . .
    I love celebrating Christ Birth, baking, decorating, singing and Worship.
    I have such special memories of Santa with my own childhood, through my children's eyes. . .and my 91 year old Dad playing Santa for my Pre~school Class many years ago!!!
    Your centerpieec is stunning!!! Love how you use the cake stands to elevate Santa to his place of importance above the tablescape!!!
    May you have a Bessed and Happy Thanksgiving!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Diane, I have been pulling out a few Christmas boxes so I can start decorating next week, I am so ready! Love your combination of bounty and Christmas with Fitz and Floyd, a lovely tablescape. Wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe Christmas is almost upon us...cute Santa plates. Those green Dollar Tree stems are my favorites. I would love to acquire the blue ones.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cute table Diane.colorful and the center piece very elegant..Hope you had a lovely week.love...Sujatha..:):)

    ReplyDelete