Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Roosters in the Kitchen


Oh, what a crazy month this has been so far!  I caught a "bug" on my trip to Baltimore at the end of October and I was sick for almost a week ("in the bed" sick) and, then, I went on vacation for a week.  I am so behind on everything, especially, the blog!  However, I was I so excited to share a couple of happy events with you.

In 2010, I had my kitchen redone and for three and a half years I have had no artwork on my walls. A few months ago, I did purchase a couple of rooster prints, but I needed to buy a storage cabinet to go underneath them. Therefore, they remained on the floor and not the walls.  First, I have to share that I bought these prints, not because I love roosters - I bought them, because I thought the colors went well in the room.  I know we are not supposed to buy art that way, but I was tired of looking for art!  I could not find the piece that I had in my mind, so I settled for the roosters. I, also, found another print at an estate sale with a rooster in the correct colors for $7.00!

Finally, while I was on vacation, my husband and I found this crazy green cabinet that we thought would fit in the space we have. so now I have a cabinet and prints above it.  Yeah - it is about time!



This is not a great photo, but this is how my formerly empty space looks now.  We found the cabinet and the rooster at Home Goods in Destin, Florida.  May I tell you how happy that I am to have a Home Goods in Destin?  It opened recently and I was like a kid in a candy store shopping there!



The second bit of happy news is that I, also, found more of the rust colored "Toscano" mystery plates that I had bought at Dillard's. If you do not remember the story of my dilemma, you can read about it HERE. They finally showed up online and, now, in the stores.  I bought several additional ones at the Dillard's in Panama City, Florida.  It was a very successful vacation!!

I decided to combine the new kitchen decor and the plates into a single blog, so I pulled out my April Cornell rooster tablecloth.  Fortunately, it had black and rust in it, so it was perfect for the room.


.

I used black napkins from Dillard's and rooster napkin rings from Bed, Bath and Beyond. The yellow salad plates are, also,  the Noble Excellence "Toscano" pattern from Dillard's.



The heavy pewter-look flatware was purchased at Steinmart a few years ago.





For the stemware, I chose silverplated goblets and "Ebony" Celebrity water goblets.



I am very excited to finally have my kitchen almost finished.  I have bought a couple of other roosters, but I really do not want my room to turn into "Rooster City"!  I hope that you are not a procrastinator like I am, when it comes to decorating.  I always want to wait, until I find the perfect item, but it almost never happens.  Sometimes, I need to learn to compromise more quickly!!

Diane





Sharing at:















20 comments:

  1. Glad your all better Diane! I bet the short vacation helped! I love your prints and that ceramic rooster is so grand and beautiful! Love that you used black tablecloth for you set-up! Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything came together so well, Diane. Love the cabinet and the prints above it. I have that same April Cornell tablecloth! So glad you were able to add to your plates online. I was so excited when HomeGoods finally opened a store in the Seattle area. I think the first time I ever went to a Dillards was when we visited our daughter in North Carolina...
    I'm visiting from Cuisine Kathleen as the Happy Wonderer! Glad you are feeling better...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your big rooster and green chest! That bird will rule the roost I think. I am sorry you've sick. Sounds like you had a really bad bug! That vacation came along at a god time I bet. Glad to see you're back on the blog. Can we see some pix of your new kitchen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane, your table is fab as always. I have a thing for roosters, too. Cabinet corner looks great. Well done. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. GIRL!! This table is beautiful!! and I love your new kitchen corner..I see it has room for more storage of dishes. hehehehe. Been missing you here but was too lazy to contact you...sorry you were sick and glad you are better..and that you found such great pieces for your kitchen...we will try to keep you in check with the rooster buying...LOL
    Love, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, awesome tablescape. I'm not that into roosters but I really love that tablecloth and the napkin rings. Everything looks so great together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the new cabinet and the art work, Diane! Your table goes perfectly with your new look. I love roosters and have four situated around my kitchen. That tablecloth is stunning with the black background and I'm so happy you found your dishes. Everything is so pretty! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new room looks great!! I'm glad you were able to enjoy your vacation and find some great pieces after recuperating for your bug! I love your table cloth and napkin rings, it all makes for a pretty table in a great setting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad that you are feeling better, Diane. You had a great time shopping on your vacation! Love your rooster themed table. That tablecloth is fabulous.
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have roosters also, but they are the crazy colored non traditional ones. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi lovely lady.
    I love your ceramic rooster is so grand and beautiful! I see you used a black tablecloth for your Tablescape the color makes your dishes pop. You did a beautiful job putting this all together Looks wonderful. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my table for Veterans Day.
    xxoo
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your rooster napkin rings are wonderful! And love the tablecloth. What a cheery rooster tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun table! And I love the rooster napkin rings!! Your colors look wonderful and everything looks so warm and inviting with the sun streaming in! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosie - thank you! I tried to leave a comment on your post with the Bird of Paradise flowers and it did not show up - not sure why, but I did love your table!!

      Delete
  14. Your table is just gorgeous! Love those big rooster.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Diane, all of it looks great! Of course, I do love roosters and have way too many of them. Your green cabinet is perfect for that spot, and how wonderful to get a little extra storage. Your rooster prints look so good on the wall over it. Love your AC rooster tablecloth. How exciting to find more of those rust colored plates. They are perfect on this table setting, and I love those napkin rings! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG, Diane, I've missed three of your posts! I've been super busy and not visiting as much as I used to, but I'm so glad I got to catch up on yours! They're all great, of course. :) The Halloween/spider one is darling...the plates are wonderful, as is your title--very cute! And the roosters!! My grandmother had several porcelain ones that I now have, and I have a huge one I bought at TJ Maxx years ago. I'm not using them right now, but I suspect they'll make a reappearance at some point--I'm certainly not ready to get rid of them! I can't believe you even had that tablecloth--it's perfect! I really like the colors of the prints you bought...they're subtle and kind of calming. That spot with the cabinet looks great! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my fall/Thanksgiving decor. I've been thinking about you. With your being sick and on vacation you must've missed my previous post--Baby Love's shabby cowgirl birthday party. I thought you'd like that one, with our shared Avas. :) I'm glad you're over your bug. Am anxious to see what table you do next. ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  17. Were you the one who bought my rooster at my garage sale?? LOL I think the price was even the same! When I downsized I sadly sold my collection of roosters. All except the chalkware ones I bought at auction years ago. Too many good memories attached to that one. Anyway, you did to wait on finding what you wanted to complete the kitchen. Good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your kitchen is fantastic! I am a big rooster fan as well, and you have some wonderful things here.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great table! Those napkin rings are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete