Monday, December 30, 2013

New Year's Eve


I cannot believe that Christmas has come and gone and that the New Year is just around the corner!



Do you have some years that you cannot wait to see end or years that you hate to see go???



This year, I think that I hate to see 2013 end.  It has been a pretty good year with not much drama for my family.  I know things are very different for some of my blogging friends and I do understand!  I could not wait for 2012 to end!!!



I guess that it is time to pull out the sparkles and celebrate endings and beginnings.  It is a time to remember old friends and wish to make new ones.



It is time to think about our New Year's resolutions - like eating more healthy food and exercising. Perhaps, we might wonder where we would like to be this time next year.  Old habits are very difficult to break, but I think that old dogs can learn new tricks.  Well, maybe, except for the exercising!!!



So light the candles and put on funny hats.  Drink some champagne and blow tiny horns. Watch the fireworks and celebrate new beginnings!



As for me, I am looking forward to a wonderful year in 2014 (always, the eternal optimist!!) and I wish the very same for each and every one of you!!!!


Diane




Chargers - Michaels
Lenox "Federal Platinum" dinner plates
Black napkins - Dillards
Silver napkin rings - Steinmart
Rhinestone pillar candle holders - Save on Crafts
Mercury Glass hurricane - One Kings Lane
Celebrity "Ebony" Water goblets
Artland "Pebble" champagne flutes
Wallace "Sir Christopher" sterling flatware


Sharing at:

A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday

Cuisine Kathleen for Let's Dish

Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday


19 comments:

  1. Diane,
    Your table looks lovely..I am just not in the mood to set a table or write a blog.. LOL hoping I get my groove back..or not..
    Happy New Year to you..
    Love, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, your table sparkles with elegance! I'd love to bring in the New Year dining at this table. I notice that we have the same silver pattern. ;-)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there....Your table looks simple yet elegant.Green stem glasses just awesome and i like your crystal center piece too.Hope you had a lovely Christmas. Happy New Year to You and To Your Family.love sujatha...:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the sparkle! I haven't even thought about my table since I just finished the Christmas one. LOL. It is beautiful just like you my friend!!!!!! I wish you all the all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful table setting for New Year's.

    2013 was great and there are already some things schedule within the next couple of weeks that will make 2014 a great year too.

    HAPPY NEW YEAR

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning, I love the bling. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me and I hope you have a very Blessed and Happy New Year. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an elegant New Year's table, dear Diane. Your sterling flatware is such a pretty pattern. I love the blingy candleholders and also the mercury glass one in the center. Happy New Years to you. I'm happy to leave 2013 behind, but I'm sure next year will still be difficult. I'll look forward to 2015. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooo, shiny objects!! LOVE shiny objects!!
    What a striking combination of the bold black with that acid green...reminds me of potato vine in the summer...love that color of green!

    I hope 2014 is as good a year as the last one...yes, no drama is nice!
    Stay Healthy...that is the most important wish & everything else won't matter.
    Thanks for your friendship this year, Diane. I've enjoyed your visits & mine to your blog, as well.

    Hugs,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year Diane! I love all of the sparkle and elegance. The green stems are gorgeous and I love the charger plates. This is a marvelous New Years Eve tablescape. I wish I felt well enough to celebrate New Years Eve, I told my husband that if we are all recovered from this virus by Saturday that I would do a New Years dinner then. In the mean time I can enjoy looking at your lovely table.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful, Diane. My favorite is the flatware set, so pretty. I am hope 2014 will not have too many natural calamities anywhere in the world. Happy New year!...christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. GORGEOUS! I love the Green with all the great silver, stunning! Thank you for visiting me. Have a wonderful NYear!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful Diane. All of the sparkle and glitter just makes bringing in the new year a lot of fun. Your table is picture perfect.
    Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  13. Diane, Your table is so elegant. I am actually happy to be in a new year and looking forward to much fun this year. I wish the same for you! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the well wishes Diane, so glad you had a good year! I am always ready for a fresh start and today started off great so I have high hopes! LOVE the green pops with the black and silver, very sophisticated! Happy New Year to you!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for commenting on my blog today! I love your tablescapes - very pretty, very elegant! I am happy that 2013 is gone - except I did have some blessed things happen in that year. My daughter came back from CA with my granddaughter and her fiancé - and they bought a house only 15 minutes away from me during 2013. So - that was the best thing!!

    But - I can always use a fresh head start - so I am hoping that 2014 will see that through for me!

    Linda
    http://www.thecolorfulbee.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. 2013 was a very good year that absolutely flew by. Let's hope we are as lucky this year. I don't make resolutions, I just congratulate myself when I accomplish something worthwhile. That way I'm not disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful, I love the napkins and the green stemware. The chargers are perfect for New Years Eve. I was adding black rhinestones to my silver chargers to use for New Year's Eve when I came down with the flu the day after Christmas, the next two weeks were a blur. I went straight from the flu to a massive head cold. I am finally starting to feel closer to 100% and getting back to normal.

    ReplyDelete