Friday, January 3, 2014

Winter Song


I guess that we all have seen plenty of red and green lately, but I thought that this was the perfect time to set a table with my Lenox "Winter Song" china.  I purchased this china on sale at Tuesday morning, after Christmas 2012.  I love that you can use it for Christmas, but it is not really Christmas china.



 The pattern has a red outer band with a simple pine bough and a few red berries on a white center.  I live in the south, so pine trees are everywhere in my world!



Natural pine cones help decorate the centerpiece and tiny gold ones are featured on the napkin rings.




I wanted the table to display some sparkles, so that I could pretend that it was icy outside.




I think the crystal stems definitely add to the chilly feeling that I wanted to achieve.




I had fun playing with the rustic and refined contrast.  The faux antler flatware and rattan chargers added to the rustic look, as did the garland that I used for the centerpiece...




The place setting contains both elements.  You might remember the antler flatware from my Thanksgiving post - I ordered it directly from Cambridge Silversmiths and, when it arrived, it was in a Bass Pro Shop box. I guess I need to go and check out the rest of their tableware!



Crystal votive holders were placed into the garland.  I bought these years ago at a Mikasa outlet store.  Oh, how I miss all of the china outlet stores that have closed. We still have one Lenox outlet store in Georgia, but it is nothing like the old ones were - they were china heaven and my daughter and I were  able to score so many bargains at those!!




What would a "Winter Song" table be without a couple of winter birds who could sing a song for us? These two came from Michael's.



I had fun creating this table - do you find that you enjoy some more than others? I do love the contrast of this crystal wine glass against the rustic background of vines and berries.

I guess it is time to put away the red and green, but don't be surprised, if I find another way to use it some future posts, before next Christmas - lol!


Diane




Sharing at:

A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday

Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday

The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays






27 comments:

  1. Beautiful..I love this china......
    Love, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Winter Table..........very pretty pattern, and I love china outlet stores too.........that is sad so many have closed ...didn't know that....
    This was a wonderful combination of texturesand colros from the lovely plates to the icy beautiful glassware to the rusticness of the pinecones, chargers and silverware. Great job! I will be right over!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This setting is perfect for the post-holiday table, the plates are versatile and pretty as can be! So excited that I finally got my hands on a sort of holiday plates - plaid ones I got from Dillards and I'm so excited to use it soon too! Happy 2014 dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane, I agree. This china is perfect for any time during the winter months. You've set such an inviting table with it. I love all of the contrasts. I can see where this china could be used in a formal scape or a rustic scape, and you pulled off the contrast of the rustic with formal beautifully. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am in love with that china, Diane! It really is perfect for Christmas & beyond.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful china and love the napkin rings too, Diane. Beautiful candle glow on the table. Wishing you a blessed 2014...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful winter table!

    Thanks for celebrating the New Year at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Diane,
    This table is elegant. I have never seen those dishes and they are fantastic! I love every detail you put with them. I too have grieved the closing of all the china outlets. they used to be a MUST stop on an road trip. Unfortunately, I have a Home Goods nearly in my back yard, so I have to pace myself. Happy New Year to you! Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful. I love it all....and especially those pretty dishes.
    Here from Tablescaper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving this china.....never saw this pattern before.....its good all winter long!!! Very pretty table with the crystal elements.......happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks lovely and happy and I so need happy decoration in that January of storms and floods!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Doesn't Lenox have the prettiest Christmas/winter dishes! I love those dishes and must say have not seen them before, they look stunning on your table! I am loving the red and green during this cold, snowy part of January so keep them out as look as you like! Happy New Year my friend. Hugs from your kindred sister, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty! You can't go wrong with pretty birds, and why not keep the colors of the winter season going a little longer? Nothing wrong with that!

    I'd like to invite you to a new link party, called Happy Tuesday. We're sharing anything that makes us happy - we want to spread good vibes and positivity throughout blogland. You can find out more info at the link below. I hope you'll come and join us!

    http://holidays-at-the-harris-home.blogspot.com/p/happy-tuesdays.html

    Thanks,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  14. Red is always right, no matter the season, and these plates are beautiful. Although Christmas (and now Epiphany) is over, I'm keeping some of my decorations up until after a small party I'm having on Sunday. Then it will be de-decorating for me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Diane, this is so pretty and I do love those dishes! The combination of the rustic and crystal reminds me of a winter wonderland! If I had seen those dishes at Tuesday Morning, I think I would have had to bring them home! Great job putting it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love those dishes! They have a hand-painted quality about them that makes the to charming! Love, love, love them! Your table is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful and charming table!! That china is so pretty. Love the crystal too. BTW, would you like me to send you some snow and ice from here in upstate NY? It's snowing right now!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning! I love the china!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful, welcoming tablescape design. Thanks for the resource for the stag handled flatware. I've wanted some forever. Happy New Year! Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello, Diane!! It's so nice to stop in and see what you've been up to! I completely agree that many Christmas-looking dishes and decorations really carry well into winter, and yours certainly does! It's a beautiful pattern, and I love your mix of rustic and refined--I'm really partial to mixes of texture. And I also agree with the icyness (I wonder if that's a word?) of the crystal. I love it!! Happy new year to you and your family; I wish you the very best! ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  21. What beautiful dishes, Diane! I also love that you can use them through the winter months. Your antler flatware goes so perfectly with your table. I miss the outlets, too. I used to have a Mikasa one nearby and it was such fun to shop. xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my, I can't believe how beautiful that Lenox plate is!! Your table is an absolute delight to look at. The colors, textures and sparkly crystal, as well as your centerpiece and accents: every bit of it is wonderful. Bravo! Rosie @ the Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Lady Di,
    Thank You for dropping by at D´Box.

    Wishing you the best of 2014 and more healthier and long life. Hope our bloggie friendship will last.

    Have a blessed Sunday.

    Hugs from a freezing Stockholm,
    /CC girl

    ReplyDelete
  24. So I'm just making rounds of tables I missed and wanted to leave a comment on this gorgeous table! I LOVE the dishes! They are so pretty and you're right, perfect for Christmas or anytime you need red! I love the crystal too, it's a perfect touch. I'm so glad I stopped by! Have a great week.
    Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow Soo pretty.Very elegant. love the colours.The cut glasses are awesome.Have a lovely week...Love and hugs...:):)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dianne, This winter tablescape is gorgeous. I wish I had bought more than four of the Lenox Winter Song plates when I found them after Christmas last year. I love the flatware and the centerpiece is perfect. I missed your last few posts, I have already gone back and looked at them, the New Years post is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete