Monday, March 31, 2014

Spring 2014


I cannot believe that it has been so long, since I have posted on this blog! So many things have been happening like:



A trip to the annual Dogwood Antique Show and Sale in tiny Leslie, Georgia, where I found some treasures and ran into my old friend, Malcolm Argo.  You may remember Mr. Argo from the post I did on the Scott's Antique Show in Atlanta.  If you missed that one, you need to read about this interesting gentleman - it will probably give you a laugh. Charming does not begin to describe him! You can find that post HERE.

Other exciting events have been occurring in my city like...



Our own Mercer Bears defeating Duke in the March Madness college basketball tournament (!!) and:



The Cherry Blossom Festival, which began March 21st and ends the day that I am writing this (March 30th).




I made another trip to Pine Mountain with my sister.  I just cannot seem to stay away from that town! Another visit to Chanticleer and a couple more tablescaping items! Your can read about that wonderful store HERE.

Looking at the photos from Pine Mountain, I cannot believe that I have never done a post on the Rose Cottage there.  It is incredible and where we usually eat breakfast and lunch, when we are visiting.  This is a great excuse for another visit.  I will try to write all about it in a future post, soon! On our way home, we stopped at the Court Square Cafe in Greenville, Georgia and had the most delicious Caramel Pecan Pie. We lived in Greenville, when we were young and this cafe deserves its own post, too.  Wow, so many posts, so little time!!! If you cannot wait to read about it, the Court Square Cafe is on Facebook.



I have also been enjoying a visit from my oldest granddaughter whose favorite colors are purple and gray.  This purple table has been set in her honor!



While the centerpiece certainly looks like spring and there are spring flowers blooming here, it is supposed to be 39 degrees in the morning.  I usually complain that we never have a spring - we usually go straight from winter to summer around here.  This year, however, I think we are keeping winter temperatures all year!!  So much for global warming - lol!!



My Royal Doulton "Malvern" luncheon plates set the mood for the purple spring table. This pattern was made for a very long time from 1939 until 1961.  I love all of the colors on the plates and, in addition to the purple, there is, also, a bit of gray for my granddaughter! Under the "Malvern" plates (Goodwill finds!) are purple Pyrex "Festiva" dinner plates from eBay.



Sferra "Dusty" napkins in the lilac color from Horchow and Dragonfly napkin rings from Steinmart, hopefully, help with the spring feeling!



I added twisted stem water goblets from an unknown maker and purple balloon stems from Pier I.

I am delighted that my granddaughter's favorite colors gave me the inspiration for this table.  I had fun setting it and thinking about spring - BUT... Oh, wherefore art thou, Spring????


Diane



(the best I could do in my yard for spring flowers - thankful for the Redbud tree!!)




Sharing at:

A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday

Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday

The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays







16 comments:

  1. What a perfect ode to your grand daughter Diane! You should also share your finds from that fair soon! Glad you've been busy with lots of fun dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful things to comment on so I will focus on that gorgeous redbud tree and those wonderful floral plates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tablescape! I love vintage floral plates. Spring is slow in making her appearance in Virginia as well. Yesterday it was blowing snow.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tablescape is lovely. I'm particularly taken with those floral plates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tablescape is so pretty! I really love how the purple compliments your beautiful Malvern plates.

    It looks like you are enjoying your Spring & traveling around to some great places. I guess Spring is taking its sweet time this year. You've actually got green on the trees so that's an awesome start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is beautiful, the Malvern plates, the stemware, the napkins with the pretty dragonfly napkin rings, and of course the redbud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of your photos, Diane, especially those of your purple table. The centerpiece is so cute! I have a passion for purple, so I'd be very happy sitting at that table, as I'm sure your granddaughter was!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty design on the china. Love the burst of colors it offers and it goes great with the purple charger. Purple is a great color expecially at this time of the year. That redbud looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful plates...love those napkin rings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diane,
    You've been a busy bee.. I love those plates..Beautiful..and so glad you are getting some time with EC.. I need to get back to the blogging world...
    Love,Mona

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful table honoring your granddaughter's favorite colors, dear Diane. Those thrifted plates were quite the find! I wish I could visit so e of those favorite spots with you. What fun that would be! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. We were just in Atlanta a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed the promise of spring. Thanks for sharing your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful table!! Love your floral plates with the purple chargers. How sweet that your granddaughter inspired this tablescape. Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have been busy! Love the purple.

    Great to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete