Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Fall is Here!!


Oh, to think that Fall is really here!! I could not go without blogging for even one more day!  I have no idea how often that I will post in the future, but it feels really good to be back.



Since my husband retired, we have been soooo busy! Before school started, again, we enjoyed several weeks entertaining grandchildren and we have been traveling often (more about those trips in another post).  We still have not decided exactly what we are doing with the rest of our lives, but we are closer to a decision...



I have been entertaining some.  Here is a photo of the table I set for my daughter's birthday.  A good time was had by all!!



For today's table, I used a tablecloth that I purchased at the Lenox Warehouse Outlet in Cranbury, NJ - I, definitely, must do another post on that trip!!  Wow, did I have a wonderful day and my sweet, patient husband allowed me to take all of the time I needed to shop.  What a gift!

Lenox did not have the matching napkins, but I eventually found them at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.



Oh, I loved setting this table!  Fall is my favorite season and seeing all of these beautiful colors together makes me smile all day!!



I  used a rustic and refined theme for the place setting.  Beautiful crystal and gold encrusted dinner plates with stoneware salad plates and rattan chargers. What fun to mix things up a bit!!




A simple centerpiece of apothecary jars filled with pumpkins and acorns and...




A garland of pine cones and fall leaves down the center of the table.



I hope that your Autumn is going well.  I have missed all of you and I hope that I will now have the time to see and comment on all of your posts.  You are my inspiration and have taught me so much! Thank you all for being part of my life!!


Diane





Sharing at:

The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday

Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday


7 comments:

  1. Diane, good to hear from you. I understand how busy life has been for you with husband home, grandchildren and family birthdays and trips.
    I have thought about you and delighted to see a lovely fall table from you. You design tablescapes so effortlessly.

    I have been away from blogland also since early August and I am still catching up. I want to post pictures of our trip to France but have had a lot of company and grandchildren just like you. Life is full and wonderful.
    ENJOY YOURSELF! Pat yourself on the back for a super tablescape too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful table, Diane! I love the warm colors of Fall, too. I'm glad to hear that you've been enjoying yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane,
    Your table is so pretty. I am always so glad to see a new post from you. Maybe you can just get Leon interested in helping you do tablescapes now.. wink, wink and Happy Birthday Andrea....
    Beautiful tablescape..
    Love, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Diane! So glad to see your post. Your table is absolutely lovely and really honors the season well. Love all your choices, especially the apothecary jars filled with fall goodies! Enjoy the new journey in your life: retirement is wonderful, once you find your path!! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful...the pumpkins, the napkins, the centerpiece...impossible to pick a favorite element. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's just gorgeous! Love those pumpkin bowls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, gorgeous, I love esp. your centerpieces!

    ReplyDelete