Sunday, December 14, 2014

Have a Merry Red and Green Christmas!!


While pulling out different looks for Christmas this year, I decided to honor the traditional colors of red and green.



I had never used these cute ornament salad plates from Cypress Home previously and realized that they would look fabulous with Spode "Christmas Tree" china. You might have read about my obsession with this pattern in a prior post. If you missed it, you can see it HERE.



Although, I have the table set with the ornament plates for salad, I plan to use them for dessert plates, since I am serving soup instead of salad for Christmas dinner.



I am using this wonderful "Christmas Tree" tureen, as my centerpiece and I placed stacks of soup bowls are both sides of it.  I bought this tureen last year, after Christmas, from Boscov's for a ridiculously low price. I was so thrilled, when I found it.



These red Christmas tree bowls were, also, purchased on sale last year from Sur La Table. I plan to use them for bread and butter.  I know, they are not actual bread plates, but I think a roll will fit perfectly in them and I had to use them somewhere!!



The stemware pieces are Tiffin "Killarney" green and Schott-Zwiesel "Delilah".




A Lenox tablecloth and Sferra napkins with jingle bell napkin rings were choices for the linens. Gorham "Strasbourg" silver (my work-horse pattern) will be used for dinner.


 

A few other accessories were added and I was finished!  Now, all I need to add is food.  Oh, how I wish that Kathleen of Cuisine Kathleen and Kitty of Kitty's Kozy Kitchen were here to cook for me.  I could really use their help! If you are not familiar with their blogs, you can find fantastic recipes on them, if you visit.

Wishing you all a very, Merry Christmas whatever colors you use. I have great hopes for the coming year that I will be more consistent in posting.  What a crazy year this one has been!!


Diane






Sharing at:

Cuisine Kathleen for Let's Dish

Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful table, Diane! I love the pretty dishes against that great plaid tablecloth. Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always do the most beautiful tables, Diane...this one is no exception. You can't beat a beautiful tartan as the base for a Christmas table. The ornament plates and Christmas tree bowls are so cute.
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these salad plates on your Spode. Also, went to the linked post and just noticed the Holly, Jolly flatware by Cambridge. Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the Tree bowls as butter plates!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table is stunning, Diane! I wish we lived close and be oh so happy to cook for you, my friend! You could decorate the table and I'll cook!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane,
    Your table is so beautiful. and so traditional. I know your Christmas dinner will be wonderful. This year I didn't use any red to decorate. :-) I have used red for as many years as I can remember and usually leave some of it up year round. This is a first white and silver Christmas...very serene...But I sure do love yours..
    Love, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite colors for christmas - love the setting and all the pretty pieces. Those ornament plates are darling and the tureen is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you mixed the Spode pattern with the delightful ornament salad plates. Red and green are the colors of Christmas and Spode does them so well as evidenced by your beautiful soup tureen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tablescape. I enjoy reading your blog. I have been missing you. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa! It has been an interesting year, especially, since my husband retired. Hopefully, I will be able to post more often next year. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas, too!

      Delete
  10. Visiting from Let's Dish...love the salad plates and the tree bowls as roll wells - perfect! The S&P shakers are adorable too. Great table.
    RIta C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rita, thank you. I would love to follow your blog, but I am not in Google circle. However, I will be following on Pinterest!!

      Delete
  11. How lovely! I love the beautiful salt and pepper shakers and the green goblets look beautiful with your tablescape! Great eye for detail!
    Shelia
    House of Highlands

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Christmas table! Love, love your dishes. So pretty! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do love the ornament plates mixed with your Spode Diane, and you have so many wonderful pieces of Christmas Tree! The tureen is fabulous! My mother's best friend started me with Christmas Tree Spode when I got married, and I never seem to tire of it and have found it mixes well with many things! Happy Holidays!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  14. How beautiful! I love your dishes and the plaid table topper is gorgeous.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours my friend.
    Love,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  15. The table is beautiful. It is so fun to mix the different patterns and they look great together. Those ornament plates are just adorable!
    Have a wonderful Christmas filled with love and hope and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Diane!! I've missed you, and I'm so happy to see your post (I've been out of the blog loop myself for weeks now). Your table is of course gorgeous--I love the mix of dishes, and the plaid tablecloth. I wish you a happy remainder of the Christmas season and the best in 2015. Email me to catch up when you have a minute or two! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't believe I missed this, I know you had a wonderful Christmas and as always your setting is fabulous! Love all the Spode!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely Christmas table, Diane! I am so jealous of your wonderful collection of Spode. I only have a few pieces but I treasure them. That tureen is spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete