Thursday, February 19, 2015

Ice, Ice, Baby!!


Oh, how I have been following this crazy winter in the Northeast, where I have so many blogging friends.  This post is a tribute to all of those friends who have been enduring the horrible blizzards!



My family, of course, has seen no ice, sleet or snow! My friend, Mona, who blogs at Hidden Art of Homemaking and lives in my state did have a terrible ice storm.  I am sure she will post photos on her blog soon.  She had some damage to her deck and lots of limbs were down.




I found this photograph that was Tweeted out by the Boston Red Sox in January showing Fenway Park.  I was interested in it, since I visited Fenway last summer and it looked nothing like this! Also, I have a friend who lives in Jacksonville, Florida. Her son and daughter-in-law are spending a year in Boston - can you imagine what those young people think of winter???? Bless their hearts! 



It was 21 degrees here today, which was very cold to us.  However, some of my readers will think that is a heat wave.  My daughter, son-in-law and one of my grandchildren visited Alaska in January.  When they arrived, it was -42 degrees.  I am not sure how they survived, but they had a wonderful time.



I read recently that Ithaca, New York has "thrown in the towel" and posted on their tourism website not to visit them, but to travel to Florida instead.  How funny is that? The weather must be horrible there!



My husband and I did travel Florida recently and the weather was fantastic.  People were swimming in the ocean!  I can see why the "snowbirds" want to winter there every year.  Our condo parking garage was full of cars from the Northeast and Canada!



I thought I would add a little "ice" and "snow" to my table. If this year is similar to most years, we will see neither.  I do wish it would snow a little each winter.  It can be so beautiful, while it is falling.  I have never had to shovel snow, though.  I am sure that it does not seem so pretty then...



Despite the cold, it was a nice sunny day today. It really only seems cold here, when it is cloudy and the wind is blowing.



Well, I am sure that spring will arrive here very soon and I wish for an early spring for those of you who are dealing with the harsh weather.  I have been thinking of all of you and I hope you are staying warm and getting lots of things done inside. Oops, that reminds me that I need to go and clean up the mess that I made shooting this table!! See you soon!!!


Diane






Sharing at:

Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday

9 comments:

  1. I love this "icy" silver table! It actually makes me feel cold with all the crystal and metal...
    I am so looking forward to warm weather.
    Have a great weekend, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Diane..You are so kind to mention me in your post. Your icy table looks beautiful and much warmer than my icy backyard. LOL I am really agreeing with my grandmother's philosophy to stay inside and watch winter through her kitchen window..and she lived in south Georgia where it stayed above freezing most of the time. LOL
    Thanks again my friend..
    Love, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very "cool"... no, I didn't intend it initially, then couldn't resist :) post, Diane!! It started snowing here in central Ohio around 4 am and it didn't let up until about 5 pm, but it was a BEAUTIFUL snowfall! I bundled up and went for a walk, because we had a heatwave of about 30 degrees. A few days ago it never got to zero... We are getting a little tired of cold, and winter, and snow, and gray, so I can only imagine how those folks in the northeast feel. We dare not complain!! I keep thinking about the emergencies that are part of life, and how they're being handled. Your table is very pretty and representative of exactly how we feel around here! :) Stay warm!! ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least, this cold weather has inspired you a really lovely table! It's windy and rainy here, but it's not cold anymore... Anyway we never went under 30°F, I think, which woud probably seem like summer to people in Northern America right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table is the perfect ode to this winter! You aptly found beauty despite all this cold aura!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great tablescape with winter in mind! We won't talk about all the snow here and cold days lately but at least this year the East Coast got it much worse than we did (which makes me happy). Love how you used the crystal snow flakes and even how the napkin rings look like snowflakes! Florida sounds soooo good to me right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello from Texas! We are cold but surviving! My family all live in Schenectady, New York and are tired of winter. I am too, even though we didn't get any snow. I grew up in NY and winter just seemed very long! Hopefully spring will get here soon.
    Your table is wonderful! I love all your ice.....very creative! Keep warm!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your table of ice is beautiful! That's about the only ice I want to see. '-)
    We dodged an ice storm this morning, and now we have blue skies and sunshine for the first time in weeks. Cold, but pretty! Just like your table!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your table is over the top beautiiiiiiful! The bling is the ice-ing on the cake, you did a great job. By the way....I was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida, and still live in that area. It's a small world. Stop by for a visit, Janice (Hotpl8zandtablescapes)

    ReplyDelete